Secretary of State speaks at Romania Conference
The Romanian Secretary of State for the Economy, Claudiu Vrinceanu, was the keynote speaker at the Doing Business in Romania Conference last Wednesday (February 3), which was organised by Chelgate.
The Minister was joined at the Romanian Cultural Institute by the newly appointed adviser to the Deputy Prime Minister, Viorel Ciocoiu, and Matteo Patrone, Director, of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, to give an insight to Romania as a destination for business and investment.
The conference, which was co-hosted by the Romanian Embassy, InvestRomania, the British Romanian Chamber of Commerce (BRCC), Chelgate and Eversheds, heard how Romania is currently one of the fastest growing economies in Europe. With growth of 3.6% in 2015 and projected growth of 4.1% and 4.2% in 2016 and 2017 respectively, the Romanian economy is going to forge ahead in the coming years. There are significant opportunities for the UK, but despite only currently being the 10th highest investor, many UK companies are already operating in Romania. Some examples include Vodafone, Boots, Marks & Spenser, Jaguar, GlaxoSmithKline, Unilever and BAE Systems.
- Chelgate Local - Maidstone Breakfast Briefing on the impact of an aging population on housing provision
- Chelgate Local Newsletter – December 2018
- Chelgate Local - St. Albans Breakfast Briefing on the Role of County Councils in Planning
- Chelgate Local Newsletter – November 2018
- Built Environment Networking Event